I’m thinking about thinking today. Rumination.
In many situations where there is psychological wounding, a person may tend not just to ruminate but to “over-ruminate.”
Such usually produces stuckness, inability to take healthy actions.
How do you navigate your over-ruminating to unclog your stuckness?
Here are some pieces of thought I have about it that could be helpful to you.
* Observe and analyze your self when over-ruminating:
* Be sensitive and conscious of your fictional or magnified memory bias;
* Reduce your self-criticism;
* Spot over-ruminating triggered by sms, emails, or notes;
* Try mindfulness meditation and prayer;
* Define your options or alternative courses of action;
* Replace thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that make your over-rumination and worrying worse;
* Use imagery or visualization to bounce flashbacks and images that get you stuck;
* Reduce over-ruminating, your over-thinking, capturing ideas via taking notes as you have them and then sleep on them;
* Practice thought-stopping and deep breathing;
* Seek help when symptoms persist. There could be heavy, overwhelming root causes underneath fueling the over-ruminating.